Monday, April 20, 2009

Save the Drama for your GRANDmama...

Have any of you ever tried to photograph 8 kids with a set of grandparents on a day that is infamous for sugar induced comas? Yeah, I have...with another 2 photographers also trying to direct children, arrangements, and....me. I only post this horrible picture because i think emily and evva's faces describe how i was felling right about then. I was already running late, and had negative 15 minutes to take pictures (which i was not aware that i was in charge of taking in the first place! haha) because i had to drive back home to help Stephen with a ward activity he was putting on.
Hence...the drama.....for the grandmama (she loves to have a Easter pic of all the chillins' in their Easter get ups)
"lets do it here" they say....I respond, "the light is really not great here, lets go to the back yard where the light is even".
"No, we will just wait for the clouds to create the shade" they say.
Who knows how difficult it is to make children stay still when there is sun in their eyes, and make them WAIT for it to be shady?
I DO!! (from first hand experience)


ok...a brief moment of 'shade'. I don't know if this was supposed to be silly faces or not...but luke and evva sure have it down pat.

Now they are all together!
At negative 25minutes now, after admitting that maybe we should go in the backyard....now they are convniced that we should fit all 8 grandchildren with 2 grandparents on the hammock, and then get out a ladder and shoot from above.
If i had hours, maybe...but with negative 25 minutes and negative 5 level of patience, (not to mention, the children have absolutely lost patience) I am NOT seeing this as working....at all.
hmmm....isn't this the spot that i wanted to shoot in the first place? Yeah...so with negative 35 minutes now, I have time to take these 3 shots. None of them are perfect, but at least they show that the kids were there, however grumpy or irritable we all were at this point.

i love Nora's face in this one. and Luke is GQ-ing for the camera. and Ammon is yawning/picking his nose...

close enough....its the winner!

Now for the onslaught of pictures that i took of the kids when the chaos was going on.

love this! Although Nora is a little too early for blowing on THAT type of flower.

So cute!
Sorry for the repeats of all the pictues. I couldn't decide if i like them better in BW, color boost, or normal exposure.



Look out for the 'Rachel face' in her baby sisters pictures...you'll know the one when you see it!
I think her eyes look gorgeous in this picture!




ok, so this is horribly exposed, but it makes me laugh for some reason. Maybe its because the dog is tied up, but yet, Luke is running away from her?


cousins! (and doesn't Luke's head look big in this picture? I KNEW he got something from his dad! haha)



i love his faux hawk.
classic Luke Face

and ever handsome Ammon!


Rachel talking to Olivia.

Those girls LOVE livvy!
Overall, even though it was frustrating, i did have a good time! I love my family dearly and only wished that Stephen could have come with me.
oh, and even though i was running on Negative time that day, i WAS able to get back for the Talent show, and it was GREAT!

2 comments:

Matt Linder said...

imma gonna need these.

♥ Jennifer said...

These pictures are precious! I love the chaos and the adorableness! These kids are just too dang cute!