Last night, I had my first 'baby' dream. Like most dreams, it didn't make a whole lot of sense, but when I woke up, I thought it was pretty funny.
I started having contractions and went into labor as far along as I am now (16wks). I had a bouncing baby boy (much to Stephen's delight!) but he was only about 4 pounds. Despite his small weight, though, the doctors said he was perfectly healthy, and they sent me home. Yes, sent me home, withouth even an overnight stay. They kept the baby for observation, but just told me to drive home after I delivered.
And I did.
I do remember being mad, though, because I'm covered under Stephen's insurance, and I was mad that we paid all that premium for the past year, and didn't even get to use it.
"Home" was my parents house (the one I grew up in) and I slept on the couch. I honestly don't even remember where Stephen was during all of this. I vaguely remember he was there, but I had no idea distinctly where he was. The next day we drive to the hospital to pick up our baby (as Stephen joked, from a drive thru window) and brought him home (once again, my parent's old house).
Someone else had a baby there too that was a little older, but i'm not sure whose it was. But, here's the weird part. Our baby boy was already sitting up, and was really alert like he was at least 6 months old. AND he had a full set up teeth smiling back at us. He also had brown hair that was pretty long for a newborn and it was kinda waved everywhere making a fauxhawk.
I also remember being kinda ticked because, since he looked so old, I thought to myself, "UGH...I do NOT want to have to change a toddler's stinky diapers all day! I was hoping to just have milk diapers for a while"
And that's pretty much where it ended. Weird. I'm sure i'll get plenty more of these odd dreams. Between being pregnant, and being my mother's daughter (ahem....chasing Krispy Kreme Trucks, mom) I'm bound to have some crazy dreams for the next couple of months.
3 comments:
all i can say is, i don't think chasing krispy kreme trucks is weird or crazy...it would be crazy NOT to.
dude... pregnancy sleep is the deepest sleep ever. the dreams are WEIRD! and the heartburn doesn't help the weird dream situation... boo.
I hate hate HATE pregnancy dreams! I always dreamed I had boys, too. And well, you know how that ends up... :)
Post a Comment