Monday, May 9, 2011

I blinked, and look what happened...

How did this sweet, squishy baby...

 Turn into THIS rolly-polly, bright eyed girl??
Grace turned 6 months on Mother's Day, and I am amazed by her everyday! She is rolling everywhere. Just today, I was at Cara's house, and I put her down to hold her cousin Nomi. About 30 seconds later, she was across the room, trying to put one of Nora's flip flops in her mouth. Gross.

She rolled for the first time about a month ago (5mo) after ZiZi 'taught' her how. After that, I think she might have rolled over once since the first time.  Then, about a week ago, Stephen was at a YM camp out for the night. Grace and I were on the floor just playing. Then, something in this girl just clicked. She didn't just roll over once, she just went CRAZY, and was rolling around the room! I'll have to post a video of it sometime. She would grunt and growl, until she got her chubby body to roll over, and then she would look at me with a HUGE smile.

She's so proud of herself.

I'm nervous. This means crawling is in my near future. Meaning, I have LOTS to do to baby proof my house.

We had Grace's 6 month check up today. She's large. (we all knew that right?) She's 18lbs 5oz. and 26.5 inches long. 
She is really getting a little personality now. She's a little bit of a diva, but she's adorable. She is just so smiley and lovable, and she has the cutest laugh you'll ever hear (OK, OK...I'm a little biased).

I can't believe that she's a half a year old! Where did that time go? Can I have some back?

This sweet girl is just growing up in front of my eyes. It's amazing to see the little changes, and the little 'wheels' turning in her head. She is smart...I can see that I'm going to have my hands full in the future.

Dear Grace,

I love you so much. I love that you recognize me and your father. I love that you get excited to see your cousins. Your little feet just kick and you get this huge smile on your face. I love how you reach out your chubby little arms to me, when you see me.  I love how your face lights up when you see your daddy when he comes in the door after work.  I love that you giggle at just about ANYTHING your daddy does. He is obviously the funniest guy you know. I agree.  I love your little chubby cheeks, legs and arms. (did you know that Gram called me 'chubby cheeks' when I was a baby?)   I love the little dimples in your hands.  I love your smiling eyes. I love how you are so proud of yourself for rolling over.  I love that you ALWAYS smile whenever we clap, thinking it is all for you (it usually is...).
Most of all, I love that you are OURS.  For eternity, no less. I'm a lucky girl.

                                                                       Love,
                                                                               MOM

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh, she's got the prettiest, brightest eyes!!