Little girl, (or squirrel baby, as my sister calls her) is getting really strong lately. The little nudges are becoming more like whacks, and kung fu kicks. I'm 27 weeks today, and I know that she can't weigh more than 2 lbs and some change...but her kicks and wiggles are nonstop lately! Its become crazy too to see my stomach moving with her all the time. I think she likes my right side best, because I seem to always feel like my stomach is lopsided.
Some funny instances lately that I've had with my baby girl:
~When we were in the temple, I had my hands resting on my stomach. Almost immediately, she gave me a hard kick right where my hands were. So, I moved my hands...and once again, immediately, she gave me a jab to exactly where my hands were. This went on for quite a while. She was obviously not a fan of me cramping her living space by resting my hands on her!
~After church on Sunday, I got a snack and laid down on the couch to read. Well, my stomach growled, and obviously scared her, because I felt a huge movement, almost like she was throwing her hands up over her head like a startle reflex.
~ Last night, I said our family prayer. As usual, I began to pray for our girl to be healthy and strong. Well, not as usually, as soon as I said 'strong', she kicked me so hard, my stomach moved. It took me a minute to recover and continue the prayer, because it completely took me off guard and almost made me laugh at the irony. It was like she was offended that I would even THINK that she wasn't strong. She definitely showed me...
2 comments:
That's so hilarious! Em really wasn't active. However, when I'd fall asleep and Edgar would play video games, he'd go nuts! Funny thing is that now, he'll sit there in a trance of sorts the MOMENT the XBox turns on!! I can't wait to see how she turns out!
It's fun for me to read about your pregnancy. It's amazing how much I already can't remember about mine. I'm glad I took the time to blog about it too. You will love going back and reading about times like these. It's so incredible what's going on inside you, and it'll just keep getting better!
Post a Comment