Monday, September 28, 2009

the OTHER Jennings family

This past weekend, we were able to go to MB to visit the other side of the family! Its been a while, and it was so fun to just spend time with the family, without feeling too rushed or 'overplanned'. We spent Friday night (once we got there after being stuck in rain and traffic) eating dinner with Stephen's parents and then, of course, watched Psych together! (Psych is one of the main reasons I miss having full cable)

I recently had a dress that i LOVE altered, and I was in need of a light-weight sweater to go over it. What better reason (or excuse) to go shopping? Coralee and I went shopping...and a couple hours later, I had a new pair of red shoes (courtesy of the wonderful mother-in-law), a perfect sweater for my dress, a Christmas present (that I can't WAIT to open...and wear!), and a BELK card (which also got me coupons and a free umbrella!). ****yes, I have become a converted Belk Shopper****
Why have I converted, you ask?
The afformentioned dress was priced at $170.00
I got it for $14.98
The awesome red shoes? Priced at 70.00
We got them for about $20.
My beautiful Sweater? Priced at $79.00
I only paid 18.99
and I even got my sister this great turquoise shirt that was $36, and I only paid $4.50.

Yes, Converted INDEED.

Ok, I'll step off my soap box for a moment.

Then we went to Costco (which equivilent to our SAMS, but even better). We went around picking up some things that Coralee needed, and a couple things I wanted. We get to the refridgerated portion and she points to the pre-cooked bacon and asks, "Would you like some of this pre-cooked bacon?"

Well, if you know what's gone on with me 2 weeks ago, you would understand why she thinks its a good idea to microwave, not fry bacon....or my hand. (i'll have to tell that story later)

This post is turning out to be longer than expected. I guess now that I can type pretty well again, I'm getting a little rambley.

Joe and Shawna asked me to bring my camera to take a few snapshots of their family. I don't think they really have a recent family picture with the newest edition besides the pictures taken at her blessing.

I know i'm a little partial, but seriously, I think I have the cutest nieces and nephews ever! (and fine, the parents are ok, too....haha)

You will never meet a more smiley baby then little Sarah. I think i've only heard her cry 2 or 3 times...and that is including sharing a room with her and her family on an overnight trip.

I can only hope that is a Jennings trait, and that we might be so lucky someday!

On Sunday, our great weekend continuted with getting to come home for my nieces BAPTISM! My second niece to be baptized and I am beginning to feel a little old. I remember when I used to drive up to Columbia from Sumter to babysit Emily (when she was an only child) when Cara had to work day shifts....
Wow, i'm getting old.

Well, I will have to post that later with some pictures of the 8yr old baptized girl! But for now, I must get back to work...

1 comment:

♥ Jennifer said...

Maybe I'm too tired to read it and pay closer attention, but why was everything at Belk so cheap? I used to love shopping there, but they don't have one out here. PS I love the picture of you two at the top of your blog! And PS again... I think that is PSS... I'll be in SC in 8 days, for 2 weeks! I better get to see you. ;)