Thursday, July 2, 2009

Altlanta Weekend

Well, I'm not really a Braves fan....I'm not even a Baseball fan...
I was raised on Football and Basketball (love!) but we never really watched baseball in my house. The closest I came to Baseball was if my Mom or Dad played on a church softball league. (sidenote, my mom once broke her nose playing softball!)BUT, of course, being married to Stephen has taught me to..ahem...tolerate baseball. And I will admit, after this last weekend, I am beginning to understand baseball a little more and *gasp* even enjoy it some! Surprising, I know! I was actually rooting for the Red Sox (even though we were in ATL) and BOTH games (friday and saturday)they won!I will also say, that I would enjoy it more if it wasn't 100 degrees outside! Friday night (7pm game) was hot, but at least we were in the shade so it wasn't unbearable. BUT on Saturday...HOLY COW it was HOT. not just hot....like Ridiculously HOT...sitting in a pool of your own sweat hot. I think I drank about a gallon of liquid (between my water and powerade) and i'm guessing I sweat all that liquid in the course of the game. I could not WAIT to get home and shower!Enough with my whining of how grossly hot it was...and on to the pictures!



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket SOME of us....were cheering for the BRAVES (I really just think they wanted the free tomahawk!haha)

Quick Story:

Maddy was obviously getting up and moving alot (she's two for goodness sake!). As i'm sure all of you know, those stadiums pack in the seats not leaving a whole lot of room for your legs, etc. Well, during one of the 'battle cries" Maddy was hitting people on the head with the tomahawk. When her dad told her to be careful, she replied, "Its ok....its just a tomahawk!"

Obviously, we should have known that a tomahawk would never HURT anyone! haha.



Photobucket Seriously...I LOVE this picture! Can you not tell how much he loves his Grandbaby!?

Photobucket

What a 'joe' face.



Photobucket

Photobucket I'm such a nerd, but I think Baseball fields are so pretty! I told Stephen that I wanted him to cut our grass (when we actually have a house!) like that!


Photobucket
What a good Uncle, taking Maddy to Batting practice.


Photobucket These guys were insane! It was really no competitition between them and the drummers they were battling against. When they busted this out, The crowd went crazy!

Photobucket
THEN....FIREWORKS!!!


Photobucket
Flower Fireworks.


Photobucket
And to top off the weekend......LIZ!! My friend was in town on Sunday, so we got to spend the day together! I miss her so much and am just waiting for her to move back to SC!!


Photobucket

Photobucket
A girl after my own heart....she loves her Reeses Puffs cereal too!!


Photobucket

And last, Stephen and Joe holding their babies. (joe-sarah...Stephen-Brutus, the stuffed dog).

6 comments:

Nightingale said...

Gorgeous as ever, Na~ I'm sending the segullah sisters over to see eli's pics, so get ready for things to crash...

XO-H

Mary-Liz said...

crazy how much you and stephen's eyes look in the first picture... i NEVER thought that you could find someone with freaky eyes like you! ; )

joanna said...

i love your photos, and that grass IS beautiful! here's our address, and thanks again for taking those amazing pictures!

960 Cedar Ave
Provo, UT 84604

Mandy said...

I have to say it...AMAZING fireworks shots! Those kind of shots separate the men from the boys, so to speak.

By the way, it's me, Mandy (Hildreth) from Sumter. :)

Unknown said...

Ugh - I hate baseball too!
Your pics are great - that redhead little girl is to die for!!!!

♥ Jennifer said...

I've never enjoyed watching baseball on TV, but I think games are so much fun to go to! I'm glad that Stephen is getting you into new things. Cade got me into basketball, and now I really love it! Husbands... :) I totally agree with Mary a/b that first pic, I had that same thought... except I didn't realize you have freaky eyes lol.